Software Development Engineer (Modeler)
Location: Minneapolis-area ,MN 55402
Employment Type: Full Time
VitalHealth Software is a global provider of innovative cloud-based eHealth management solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands – a country known to be at the forefront of healthcare initiatives – we have offices in Europe, India and the United States. With over 100 employees globally, VitalHealth offers a dynamic working environment with competitive compensation and benefits. To support our growth in the US market, we are looking for an energetic person to join our development team in the fulltime position of Software Development Engineer, working from our Minneapolis-area (MN) office.
- Investigate and resolve application issues and deliver solutions
- Work with customers to understand and implement application requirements
- Write functional and technical application specifications
- Develop applications using VitalHealth Software modeler
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic and virtual team environment
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work independently
Experience and Education
The Software Development Engineer position will interact with customers as well as other VitalHealth development engineers in a virtual team setup, including peers in the Netherlands and India. If you are interested, send your resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience and skills. VitalHealth Software is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum 3-5 years software development experience, affinity with healthcare is a plus
- Experience with modern programming languages and platforms, including C#
- Microsoft system administration qualifications/certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline (Healthcare, informatics, or technology)
- Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
VitalHealth Software Corp.
Visit our Web Site
VitalHealth Software Inc. was founded in 2006 by Mayo Clinic (USA) and Noaber Foundation (the Netherlands). The company was founded to develop game changing cloud-based eHealth solutions with emphasis on solutions for people with chronic diseases such as Diabetes, COPD, CHF, Depression, Cancer and Alzheimer.
Worldwide there are more than 2 billion people diagnosed with one or more chronic disease, representing about 75% of global healthcare costs in developed countries. This number is growing rapidly, largely due to factors such as aging and life style changes. The base idea behind VitalHealth is to combine the best of two worlds: best practice clinical knowledge from Mayo Clinic with deep IT knowledge and entrepreneurial experience from the Noaber Foundation. VitalHealth aims for balance between financial return and impact. The company has set a goal to positively impact the health of 10 million people in five years while at the same time becoming a market leader. VitalHealth has developed and tested several ground breaking eHealth solutions which have been deployed by over 100 healthcare networks and providers in six countries to date.